View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #111
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
If there's one thing that should keep our hope alive in this thread, it's FOX's fumbling of the Daredevil property rights. Daredevil was in very much the same situation that the Fantastic Four are currently in, minus a tentative release date.

A director was attached. We would hear little rumblings about what they were planning for the film, and many of the ideas were met with a fair amount of excitement from fans. The deadline for making a movie to keep the rights was rapidly approaching. Fan-base support for Fox making another film in the franchise was divided, and many wanted to rights to revert back to Marvel. FOX's previous two attempts at putting their property to film were critically panned and not very financially successful.

It was very much the same general climate. ...and what happened?

Fox dropped the ball and the rights reverted.

Don't give up hope.
That's an interesting point. We're less than 2 years from the announced release date and we haven't heard anything that would lead us to believe anything is actually happening.

Directors can be let go and scripts can be tossed.

Until we start hearing about locations, casting etc., we haven't passed the point of no return.

There have been many times that I have been looking forward to a project like this and been disappointed that it got scrapped. But in this case I might be glad to find out it will take a few years more than I originally thought.