View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #783
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki666 View Post
I like this scenario. Here's a scenario I came up with, just some long speculation for now.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Maybe Mandarin fakes his own death to evade AIM when he catches on to them using him, or seems to be gone after a series of explosions but was actually able to disappear quickly and we need to pay close attention/ never see a body. It would look like Mandarin dies but Mandarin doesn't actually die. Instead maybe he does something like transferred his consciousness temporarily into one of the extremis soldiers and has been playing Killian all along, letting him think he had control, because he needs to use Killian's mind...

I think there are some clues out there and here in what I'll post from an article that talks about Extremis. Posted on the site that shall not be named on March 6th (so no link). Could paint a clearer picture as to how Mandarin could go about controlling Killian's mind after he betrays him. Or what the rings actually do if that last spoiler is not entirely true. In this scenario it could appear they do nothing.

Killian thinks he can use his thoughts to program and direct the soldiers like computers. That way they will only obey and there can be no heroes, only technologically enhanced, obedient, super soldiers. One of Mandarin's rings sort of starts to interact with Extremis and boosts Mandarin's ability to remote control telepathically,via science, and takes Mandarin further than Killian and Tony... Unfortunately this happens after Killian took Extremis and he had no idea Mandarin's mind would get a boost, allowing it to steal control from Killian and hijack his mind. The mento-intensifier ring had power locked in it that Killian didn't know about, however it took Extremis for the ring to be able to start affecting peoples' minds... Mandarin would control the Extremis soldiers remotely from very far away, and keeps guns on him for when people get close.

So in essence, Mandarin would eventually be able to completely control and program the human mind with his own thoughts, by neutralizing the nervous system and commanding it remotely, taking full control of the cyborgs after the mento-intensifier ring begins to function... He would also want to program with the news and wants the world to see his sudden attacks to create a dramatic effect. When filming the Mandarin you can't look him directly in the eye, he acts like a movie star and his whole persona has been crafted as an act, partially to play with people psychologically, according the lessons and impact he wants to make. But everything in the final battle becomes a battle of minds. And Mandarin ends up controlling the entire Extremis soldier army, remotely, while Tony has his own army... Killian may live but he may no longer be Killian and Mandarin actually achieves what Tony couldn't with Happy. He uploads his actual consciousness into Killian at the very end...

Killian's mind is strong enough to fight it for a long time, but he screws himself over in the end by taking Extremis. Not knowing that Mandarin figured out how to use the mento-intensifier ring to make his mind temporarily stronger than Killian's and steal control of the programmed soldiers, programming Killian like a computer, traveling through his nervous system and spinal cord into the brain. Killian didn't know Mandarin wanted complete control of the Extremis army with his thoughts + one of the rings that begins to function near the end. A lot of it would be subtext.

This is from an interview with Shane Black (originally from SFX):

“In the Extremis comic book, there’s a type of thing that takes over and basically upgrades DNA. Sometimes you die. But if you live through the experience then you come out this changed thing. But the way they do it is the guy that does it is not some man chosen to be the super soldier -he’s just a militia guy. There’s an element of realism to it as well. So what we’ve tried to do is take this very science-fictiony concept of super people, and ground it in the type of people who volunteer for this being not necessarily super villains, but just people who upgrade. I love the idea of a super villain that doesn’t wear a cape, that doesn’t wear a super suit. That goes around dressed as you are right now. As for the science of it, once again we’ve gone back to the comic books, and I think pretty much lifted the Maya Hensen idea, that she met [Tony] long ago and had the germ of an idea, which now has come to fruition full circle, but she’s afraid because it’s gotten out there. And we go from there. I think you’ll be interested in the effect that we generate to demonstrate what Extremis does to a human being. It’s a pretty interesting special effect. But we’ve deliberately stayed away from defining, ‘Oh it’s nanites.’ What we do keep from the comic is the idea that there’s a slot in the brain that seems to have been dormant, but exists in human beings, almost as though it’s waiting for human beings to find a way to fill it. It’s been there forever.

could Loki666 be LokiD ??? i'm thinking the odds are in our favor...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]