View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #623
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Sam saw the writing on the wall and that he wasn't going to have the full creative control that Sony promised. So he figured it was best to walk.

I guess Warners might be a little more flexible since they own DC Comics and are connected to the source material. But let's also face it, money talks. TDK was a Godzilla-monster success, so they knew not to screw with Nolan.

WB did have ideas they tried to push on Nolan though. They had really wanted to cast Leonardo Dicaprio as the Riddler and Nolan had to fight against this. The studio execs are a bunch of meddlesome "yes men" who have NO idea what makes a good film. They come up with these bull**** ideas and try to push them to validate their existence.

I feel that Raimi was more or less backed into a corner as far as using the symbiote/Venom goes. He really wouldn't have if he'd had the choice. Just think how great SM3 would have been with Sandman and Harry as the villains WITH Raimi having the same amount of control that he did in SM1 & SM2. Would have been a CLASSIC trilogy of amazing films. Thanks Arad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Watched Spider-Man again last night. Love that film.

Damn straight!