View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #490
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
'Dark' is subjective, but I compare the tone and look of Batman '89 to Nolan's films. There's nothing really unique in Nolan's trilogy in those terms, it looks and feels like most modern films. The general feel also, grittier and gothic. The look of Anton Furst's Gotham City, etc.
So basically you're talking about empty visuals, and not the tone and content of the movie.

I should have guessed.

Quote:
The poor acting of the "copycat Batman" ruined that scene. Yeah, dark, but only if you compare it to a disney film.
You're not even trying to construct intelligent responses. The copycat Batman was supposed to be an idiot. He was trying to copy Batman wearing some cheap costume. The terror was raw in that scene with Joker sadistically terrorizing him "LOOK AT ME!!!!", and the way that hand held camera he was using moved and sounded only added to it's authenticity like you were watching a real sick video tape.

Quote:
Seeing Joker's girlfriend take off her mask to reveal her scarred face was way more ****ed up than anything shown in The Dark Knight.
You must be joking. A few little white burns on her face? That was tame. The sight of the mobile phone sewn into the Joker thug's stomach was more disturbing than that lol.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote