View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #67
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I have a strong feeling and confidence that this is what gonna happen.

Maybe it wont reach one billion worldwide, but 800m is a strong possibility, and if Fox gets that, I bet you they will do something bigger with the franchise after that. and no, Im not talking about a reboot.
Unfortunately, I believe the window for an X-4 is closed. I think this IS the X-4. McKellan is going to be 80 by 2016-17. Famke is soon to be 50 as mentioned. Jackman is up there, pushing 50. These aren't the actors I planned seeing taking on Apocalypse and other stories that were held back for a "future" trilogy. Never once doubted that. So does Fox throw another 300 million dollars into an official X-4 when clearly the future of this franchise resides with the next crop of actors in these roles, concurrent with the ones established in First Class? Doesn't make sense. As an ensemble movie, it's near impossible to stretch things out more than this. If it was just one or two main characters, then you could milk those guys and get the crappy fourth and fifth installments we tend to get elsewhere (see Die Hard).

I think people will be surprised when characters like Storm, Rogue, and perhaps even Wolverine only get 30-40 minutes of screen time collectively. Could be more than that for sure, but this project was not something that these actors were prepared for at this point in their careers. An opportunity came up when Singer pitched this to them, and I think most of the people that are back took it knowing it would be a small, supporting role for the most part.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote