View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #378
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Pretty much everyone seems to think this is a lot more serious. And it really is.
Who is "pretty much everyone"? Because business is continuing as usual in Seoul and my Korean colleagues and ex-pat friends don't seem particularly worried. Of course it's serious. I'm not trying to downplay that. But North Korean provocations happen all the time. They routinely swear to turn Seoul into a "lake of fire", so most Seoulites have learned to take what they say with a grain of salt. They threaten the US once and everyone loses their crap, even though it'd be a LOT harder to hit the west coast of the US than it would South Korea and Japan. North Korea wouldn't attack anyone in a serious manner unless they felt they were in imminent danger of collapse, because they're well aware any military action on their part will ensure the complete and utter destruction of their regime.

They're provocateurs. They do this in the hope countries back off sanctions or give aid. I can assure you we will be in this same thread in a year discussing their latest provocation. And the year after.

Too catchy?
H.E

Hail Hypedra!!!

Last edited by JJJ's Ulcer; 03-20-2013 at 03:09 PM.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote