View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #206
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Default Re: Gears Of War: Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I havent played it yet, but no, i wont be able to tolerate that. I want my Gnasher AND my Lancer. I use both MULTIPLE times per match depending on the situation and i cant fathom not being able to fall back and rely on one of the two. Thats just an absolute deal breaker for me. I wont pick the game up until thats either fixed or they add a "classic" game mode. Guess ill just end up waiting for the real Gears dev to take this series back.
It's the main thing I don't like. I'm not asking for a tonne of weapons but a Gears game without being able to use both lancer and shotgun is just ..weird. I can't imagine going into battle with just one or the other. It becomes more a game of trump cards or Rock Paper Scissors with one guy being the massive favourite depending on the range the 2 players find themselves at when they see each other. No chance to adapt and play them at their own game to see who is more skilful on that occasion.

Also on active reloads I didn't make clear in earlier posts that the thing that is being taken out is the active reload damage boost, not the active reload itself. Not sure if that would have made a difference to the discussion but just wanted to clarify.