View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #73
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
I don't think we will see any of Cap acclimating to the modern world. It would only work to make Cap look silly and does nothing to move the story forward (we already know he is not from our time). With all the other, more important, stuff happening in the film, I can't see them devoting any real time to this. Maybe they can do the modern references thing again (flying monkeys, Stephen Hawking), but that is played out and would be dumb.
I think they will absolutely make juxtaposing a man from the 1940s into the 2010s a big part of the plot, but not so much in the comedic sense to which you are referring. More along the lines of, "I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost." I do think the Russos will take the opportunity to find humor in certain situations, especially with Sharon, but not so much that it would distract from where Steve is emotionally. I very much want to see Cap continue to struggle with the disconnect between the world he knew and the world in which he finds himself.