View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #120
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVD View Post
There could still be a chance that the FF Reboot could actually turn out to be good. I'm just glad that Tom "Control Freak" Rothman is gone from Fox. Still I am curious as to this announcement that Mark Millar will be making as reported the other day. Maybe we could actually get a crossover between Fox and Disney/Marvel, but why Millar? Why would he speak out for Fox anyway? If he'd make such a statement we'd be expecting Feige to make a responding statement almost immediately. But it would help the MCU greatly with the likes of Galactus and the Silver Surfer taking part especially for the GotG film.
Thats a great question.. If he really is doing his job as consultant he's saying this X-Men/FF shared universe isn't gonna work. They don't need Millar to negotiate. They can do that directly with Feige really.. They really need Millar to say "Hey dummies, this shared universe thing don't make sense.. And if it don't make sense (post-Avengers) it won't make money Talk to Marvel and work it out"? Hmmm... Come to think of it, if that was to happen the I agree. Hiring Millar was brilliant, if his only Job was to be the voice of reason amongst the clueless in the suits

But, I digress..

FF Reboot could be great but they'll still lose money if it's done outside the MCU. I also am curious as we all are on this announcement but I don't expect anything to excite me. I hope to be wrong but with Tom or not it is Fox after all and it's wishful thinking that they'll honor the comicbook genre with respect. (And don't bring up XM-FC. I'm not addressing the merits or lack of)