View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #954
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Already got Cable which is why I left him off.

Looking at your list...How's Ghost Rider?

Seconded...I'm tempted to pick him up!

Still have a good number to train, and but got some out of the way.

I'd like to see henchman summons as you know---a buyable pack of hand ninjas or aim scientists (or the random goons in each chapter) to summon as a one turn attack---and some more of the villains/bosses to recruit...I'm looking at Bullseye, Elektra, MODOK, and Abomination.
Ghost Rider is absolutely amazing in PVP (and the missions in general) but he really needs all of his powers unlocked before he becomes an absolute tank. His defense is okay but, offensively, he's absolutely insane. His second move, Penance Stare, deals a huge amount of damage based upon how many "sin" counters an opponent has (sin counters are gained anytime an opponent takes a combat action - whether defensively or offensively). Additionally, his final attack is a free attack that increases Ghost Rider's strength for each Sin counter on an opponent. Long story short, I've dealt over 77,000 damage to a single opponent in PVP with Penance Stare, a psychic attack that ignores all defenses/shields/dodges except for those that protect against psychic attacks.

Punisher is good but not great. His ability to change to any class and wide variety of attacks (12+) make him extremely versatile in the missions. I doubt he's going to be much use in PVP though. Much like Cable, he's a little too unpredictable and doesn't have any "amazing" abilities/attacks. That said, Frank's always been my favorite character so purchasing him was a no brainer for me.