View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #275
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
It only needs a bump of $250m to cross $700m, quite achievable. If Taylor & crew deliver in a big way it could easily go higher.

Do you think Cavill is a bigger name than Hemsworth, then?

Depp's name didn't translate to BO gold for Dark Shadows or the Tourist. Not to put Hemsworth on Depp's level but you get my point. Type & quality of the movie need to taken into account.

Thor is what we're talking about, not Cabin or Dawn, and Hemsworth's Thor just had a huge amount of positive (that's crucial) exposure in TA.

And I still don't see any reason, other than fan wishing, to put Supes in that company. He has far too much of a mountain to climb.
Well said, I'm loving everything I've seen from MOS so far but honestly Thor 2 just has much more going for it. I'm not saying MOS will do bad by any means, I just don't think it'll be as big as Thor:TDW or anywhere near IM3.

Like I said, Thor was the 3rd most popular character in a 1.5 billion dollar film his sequel film is gonna do NUMBERS.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 03-20-2013 at 08:10 PM.