View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #104
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

I just imagine an X-Men film where Scott is truly THE MAN of X-Men mansion. A film Storm is something to be feared. Where Logan is not the tallest guy in the world, but one you'd think 3x about effing with. A film where Rogue is sassy, sexy, giving lip and taking prisoners. In other words, ALL THE DAMN THINGS WE"VE BEEN ASKING FOR FROM THESE FILMS FOR NEARLY FIFTEEN DAMN YEARS.

Some of you keep holding out hope for the "star power" of Jackman, Berry, McKellan, etc. but guess what: there are other big stars out there who can accomplish the same thing more accurately. We don't necessarily need big names to carry iconic storylines from characters like the X-Men. What we need are accurate portrayals, strong stories, strong, bankable effects and inspired casting choices--be it big celebrities or up-and-comers (or a mixture of both).

Let's keep it 100% real: FOX's current formula is only working for one mutant--Wolverine. Am I the only one who sees this? If so, why the heck are some of you defending this studio's past mistakes if there is a possibility they might make a better change for the future?

We whine and complain about "my character sucks", "I hate what they're doing," etc., but yet the thought of change just freaks some of you guys out. I just don't get it.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 03-21-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote