View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #116
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I see your points about the tone, LS!, but don't you think that was changed a bit when they decided to make First Class the closest film yet to the comics in terms of tone? Magneto's helmet, characters that ACTUALLY fly through the air. Comic accurate costumes and the like.
Yes! I really was.

And as I said, although I was annoyed with the fact that most of the classic X-Men were not included in FC, I was happy that it seemed that the series was being rebooted. Maybe it's just me, but...I was pretty positive at one point it was supposed to be a reboot.

But instead, it's not. It's being tied to the OT and that just effs things up all over again in my opinion. Take Storm for example: Halle's Storm is more timid, meek and skurred under Bryan's direction. I don't want to see the same thing as a teenaged Storm in Bryan's films. I want the one that was worshipped as a Goddess by African tribes. Cyclops is my No. 1 favorite X-Male. And yet, I have barely seen him on screen. So many opportunities lost and wasted. I don't see how it can be captured with this current series. Sure, you could expand the series to focus on other mutants and ingore the classic characters but it won't interest me any more than First Class' B and C-list character line-up did.

And don't get me started on the continuity issues.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote