View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #118
NJCaliboi
Side-Kick

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I just imagine an X-Men film where Scott is truly THE MAN of X-Men mansion. A film Storm is something to be feared. Where Logan is not the tallest guy in the world, but one you'd think 3x about effing with. A film where Rogue is sassy, sexy, giving lip and taking prisoners. In other words, ALL THE DAMN THINGS WE"VE BEEN ASKING FOR FROM THESE FILMS FOR NEARLY FIFTEEN DAMN YEARS.

Some of you keep holding out hope for the "star power" of Jackman, Berry, McKellan, etc. but guess what: there are other big stars out there who can accomplish the same thing more accurately. We don't necessarily need big names to carry iconic storylines from characters like the X-Men. What we need are accurate portrayals, strong stories, strong, bankable effects and inspired casting choices--be it big celebrities or up-and-comers (or a mixture of both).

Let's keep it 100% real: FOX's current formula is only working for one mutant--Wolverine. Am I the only one who doesn't see this? If so, why the heck are some of you defending this studio's past mistakes if there is a possibility they might make a better change for the future?

We whine and complain about "my character sucks", "I hate what they're doing," etc., but yet the thought of change just freaks some of you guys out. I just don't get it.
I think u make a lot of valid points. And considering my three favorite x-men characters have all gotten the shaft (Storm, Gambit, and Emma Frost), i guess it is amazing that I'm still hopeful and excited about this latest project. Even though I feel my favorites have either been depowered, made weak, or reduced to irrelevant status- I still have to concede that it's not all bad. Cyclops fans may have drawn the short stick in so many ways but they can at least be happy their favorite character was expertly cast. Same goes for Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Beast, Kitty, Charles, Mystique, and Magneto they were all brilliantly casted. Singer and Company have had a lot of missteps along the way, but all in all I think the franchise has been solid as a whole.

I'm not 100% ready to say goodbye to this cast, I've grown comfortable w.them and believe there is still hope and if written with care and attention that all my concerns could be addressed and rectified. At the same time I know I would adapt and be fine with a brand new cast. If DOFP is really going to be as epic as they claim it might be great way to bid adieu to the old cast and hello to a new cast. I think that the people who want this cast for more stories believe that since there's already an attachment and familiarity with them that changing up thing carries with it a risk at the box office. Also depending on the stories u want to tell there could be advantages using the geriatric cast.

NJCaliboi is offline   Reply With Quote