View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #495
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
Lol, now it's me defending Burton's movie but I don't think so. Ledger's Joker seems more creepy because of the serious atmosphere of the movies
The serious atmosphere of the movies didn't make any of the other Nolan villains nearly as creepy as Joker. Not even Scarecrow. Heath's Joker was naturally menacing and creepy. He made Nicholson look like a boy scout.

Quote:
but most of his action are just the "LOOK, I AM SO CRAZY!!!" thing.
Which is something the Joker is proud of in the comics and flaunts it.

Quote:
While Nicholson's Joker's action were more, I don't know, casual? He simply killed people without making much fuss out of it.
He advertised his smilex product on TV. Heath's Joker had plenty of casual moments. The way he casually shoots the bus driver in the bank, the Cop guarding Dent, the traffic Cop outside his truck etc.

Quote:
Ledger was more like the Joker in "The Killing Joke"
One of the best parts about him.

Quote:
seemed insecure and tries to justify his action, while Nicholson was more like about the fun and total disregard of life.
Not insecure. Just proving a point. There's a difference.

Quote:
He also killed a lot more people.
Lets see:

- Grissom
- The two mob guys
- Two models
- TV newscaster
- Six reported deaths on the news (then Batman foils his smilex scheme)
- A few people at the parade (can't have been many because they were all still swarming around his float after Batman took the balloons away, and you don't see any corpses in the street)
- Bob

Heath's Joker killed his henchmen in the bank robbery, Gambol's henchman, Gambol, the Chechen, the copycat Batman, the two "Harvey Dent" Cops, Commissioner Loeb, Judge Surillo, the traffic Cop, X number of Cops in the big chase (Cop cars, helicopter etc), X number of Cops with his fat crazy henchman with the cell phone in his stomach and the two paramedics in the Police Station explosion, Lau, the two Cops guarding Dent in the hospital.

Quote:
But I must add that the 89 Joker is partially a Black Mask rip-off. The whole cosmetics thing gives it away and Alicia = Circe.

http://about-faces.livejournal.com/31393.html
Yeah, I caught that one, too. Disfiguring girls faces and making them wear masks after was never Joker's thing.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote