View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #121
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Nope.

That doesn't even make sense. To try to do something new from what we've already been getting for a decade...is unoriginal???

Also, when you say nothing imaginative about Fox copying the books...so you would be ok if they had an X-men team with entirely made up characters, made just for the movie?

Wanting the same cast(some of them aren't getting too old, but are in fact already too old for their roles)that we've had for more than a decade has gotten stale. It's incredibly boring and unimaginitive that the fans think no one else could or should play these characters. Fanboys need to open their eyes and not fear change.
Yeah, I'm probably just arguing for the sake of arguing. Do I think an X-Men reboot will be different? Undoubtedly. Do I think the idea of another comic book property reboot and the retreading of character origins, relationships, etc. is original or imaginative? No, not really. I think, however, an X-Men reboot, unlike others (The Amazing Spider-Man and the inevitable Batman reboot), will have an easier time differentiating itself from its predecessors, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Why does everyone keep talking about a reboot? We already had First Class which featured none of the old actors (with the exception of cameos), and we have another movie with the new ones coming. So what's the problem with carrying them over to a third film?
I think there are very legitimate reasons why we may see a reboot sooner rather than later, and I'm up for discussion about a reboot, but I don't understand the recent complaints, to be honest. You would think Days of Future Past has been nothing but bad news, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Of course, maybe that's it. Perhaps people think Days of Future Past will be successful, further delaying a reboot. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
I love your avatar by the way.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I keep forgetting that DOFP isn't two movies. Yet.

Agreed on all points. I think it absolutely will and should be rebooted at some point, but it would be a really dumb business decision to announce that when they have DOFP about to start shooting and The Wolverine coming out this summer.

Last edited by BMM; 03-21-2013 at 05:34 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote