View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #43
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Luke Cage introduced in Avengers 2, Hulk blasted into space

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
I like the Wrecking Crew idea too but I think their comic origin is kinda lame. Lightning bolt that hits an enchanted piece of Asgardian metal while they are holding it? Lame.

I like The Wrecking Crew being experimented on the same way Cage is, making them his natural enemies. It also makes Cage seem less of a coincidental outlier and given his history, highly believable as a potential villain who got selfish, made friends with morally good folks, and is now a reluctant hero.

Pairing Cage with Iron Fist and maybe another, helps even the fight between Wrecking Crew and Cage, otherwise it would be too uneven and Cage taking them all out would be unbelievable as they all have the same origin and similar power levels.
I'm of the same mind on the Wrecking Crew, but I don't like the idea of him having to be mentored in goodness, so to speak. What makes a hero is their own morality, not adopting someone else's. Spider-Man wouldn't be what he is if he had listened to Uncle Ben, more importantly, he wouldn't be a reflection of us. Tragedy is the teacher of a hero, not morally good folks.

On the numbers, I think putting the hero against superior and unbeatable odds is a great way to build tension, and then find a creative way to deal with it. Outfoxing one's enemies is one of the favored ways to make that happen, something very plausible with the heroic streetsmart Cage and the common criminals (or booksmart in one case) that make up the Wrecking Crew. It's also possible that Cage has plain old more fight experience, that he's more dedicated to the fight, and, though potentially anti climactic, they could be separated in a sort of gauntlet as well. Plentious options.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote