View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #54
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: Fox's Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Millar himself said that his project took priority over DOFP because he feared someone was going to use the (totally unoriginal) concept first and that's why Vaughn left. Vaughn had directed the somewhat successful prequel/reboot of a flailing franchise and the studio wanted him to helm the sequel, but Millar at the very least was instrumental in preventing that from happening. Personally, I find that hilarious and fitting, but it was a ****ty thing to do to his new employers.
This is true but he also said that he and Vaughn didn't want to see someone else do their script. I took from that that they both decided this. I mean just because Millar wanted Vaughn to do the movie doesn't mean Vaughn had to. He chose to. Millar is partly to blame but I feel like you can't say Millar is the sole reason Vaughn left DoFP. And unless I'm mistaken Vaughn left DoFP before he came aboard with Fox.