View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #116
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
What indication is there that the New 52 suit is rubber? Armor doesn't have to be rubber. The main reason they even use rubber in the movies is because it's a middle ground between flexibility and substantiality, and it's not usually acknowledged as being rubber, since plain old rubber isn't exactly body armor material anyway.

In the real world, there's no material that has both flexibility and a level of durability that Batman's suit usually has. Real world body armor is bulky and doesn't work nearly as well as Batman's.
This is one of the larger issues I personally have with nolan world.
Someone could say the same very thing about a car that can do "ramp-less" leaps, yet the producers found away around that by simply inventing it in their world.

Nolan, especially in begins, was so into the concept or believable armor that he pretty much had batman running around in something as cumbersome as football/hockey gear. I notice he didn't do the same to cat woman, but then again she's not out there fighting usually.

The point is, all nolan(the producers) have to do is have one scene, one scene where Fox, the brains behind the operations, has an "experimental" latex like fabric pelted up against a testing wall. He then fires armour piercing bullets at it and none get through. He then says knives are a different matter. Then you can have your aesthetic and "believability" too.

That begins suit really really bothers me. Every head turn or lack their of killed me.

Last edited by Marvin; 03-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.