View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I want them to go into her dark past in this. What I really want is to reveal Barton was also a villain with her, as in the comics, and that in Avengers she was just covering for him. I know this won't happen, but one can dream.
That wouldn't make sense because their back stories in the film universe are obviously far different from the comics version. Clint was apparently a SHIELD agent long before he ever met Natasha, and they were never criminals together. Natasha's confrontation with Loki made it obvious that she was an assassin of the worst sort, who burned down a hospital and killed and/or tortured someone's child. She is quite a bit darker and more sinister than her four-color counterpart. Clint was merely the agent who disobeyed orders to save Natasha's life.

One day I'd like Natasha to get her own film wherein her past can be fully fleshed out. It would be interesting to see her having to deal with the real consequences of her past actions without SHIELD providing her protection.