View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #123
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I feel u, believe me.

And about the 2020 reboot... I have confidence that most of us will be alive around that time, lol, so we'll be here posting about all the new actors and how badass they are and most of them much better than this original cast. So have faith, we'll be alive!
2020 is just 6 years away from DOFP's release date. And I'm pretty sure if DOFP ends up a big success, FOX would release at least 2 more films. A reboot in 2020 ain't happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I just imagine an X-Men film where Scott is truly THE MAN of X-Men mansion. A film Storm is something to be feared. Where Logan is not the tallest guy in the world, but one you'd think 3x about effing with. A film where Rogue is sassy, sexy, giving lip and taking prisoners. In other words, ALL THE DAMN THINGS WE"VE BEEN ASKING FOR FROM THESE FILMS FOR NEARLY FIFTEEN DAMN YEARS.

Some of you keep holding out hope for the "star power" of Jackman, Berry, McKellan, etc. but guess what: there are other big stars out there who can accomplish the same thing more accurately. We don't necessarily need big names to carry iconic storylines from characters like the X-Men. What we need are accurate portrayals, strong stories, strong, bankable effects and inspired casting choices--be it big celebrities or up-and-comers (or a mixture of both).

Let's keep it 100% real: FOX's current formula is only working for one mutant--Wolverine. Am I the only one who sees this? If so, why the heck are some of you defending this studio's past mistakes if there is a possibility they might make a better change for the future?

We whine and complain about "my character sucks", "I hate what they're doing," etc., but yet the thought of change just freaks some of you guys out. I just don't get it.
I get what you are saying, but a reboot could take a long time and it takes quite a long time to release three movies, I don't think I want to wait for that again, well not this time. This year, FOX is going to release their 6th X-Men movie and next year their 7th. I say, let FOX keep releasing movies as long as the movies still get favorite reviews from critics and as long as none of the movies completely bombed at the box-office.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-21-2013 at 04:22 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote