View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #124
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I think there are very legitimate reasons why we may see a reboot sooner rather than later, and I'm up for discussion about a reboot, but I don't understand the recent complaints, to be honest. You would think Days of Future Past has been nothing but bad news, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Of course, maybe that's it. Perhaps people think Days of Future Past will be successful, further delaying a reboot. Who knows?
Yeah, nothing really to be disappointed about yet. Maybe concerns, but I think after the hype of the announcement wound down the faults of the franchise have had time to come back into play. Alot of fans who weren't happy with a number of things just want something new and more accurate without Singer. He may have not been responsible for some of the terrible choices, but everything has revolved around his X world for awhile and another decade of that may not look that good to alot of people.

Post X2 Singer hasn't exactly had the best film career, and since he now has this franchise fully in his grip more then ever, I don't think there is any way he will let it go unless this thing is a huge flop. So it's either more OT or FC for a fairly long time imo.

I'd be cool with either a reboot or more of these films, as long as DOFP is good and they stop wasting characters. Hopefully this film makes a clear path for future films cause that's really what they need.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2013 at 05:41 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote