View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #477
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy: The Gamora Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
It's not that Gamora can't be played by someone who's not tall, it's that she won't be. I've already stated my case in the casting thread, but to reiterate, whether or not you think it matters, Marvel actually does take height into account when casting their characters.

My post from the older version of the casting thread:

Sure Marvel could use camera tricks or lifts and such, but they won't do that. The only actors they've had to do that for is Anthony Hopkins and Robert Downey Jr. because they just HAD to cast those actors despite their heights or any other deficiencies. Characters like Gamora on the other hand will be cast the same way Thor, Sif, Cap, Volstagg, Bucky, Star-Lord, Drax ect. are cast, with height in mind.
Asgardians are supposed to be generally tall in character. And yes, you're probably right that the casting director took height into consideration when they cast Asgardian roles. But GOTG is about a wide array of aliens from many different worlds, and they don't have a sameness or homogeneous nature at all. They can make Gamora as tall or short as they want; they can make Drax as tall or short as they want.

There'll be a lot of deciding factors in who gets Gamora's role, but height is unlikely to be one of them.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote