View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #507
milost
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't think Alicia meant that much to him either. I'm not saying he cared about her or anything lol.

But I don't buy that he just killed her because he took a fancy to Vicki. If he did then she'd be dead the moment he decided to get himself a new girl. She was a work of art to him. In fact he compared her to himself by saying "Now like me she's a living work of art". Unless he has a habit of destroying things he thinks are great art, which he doesn't since he told Bob to spare that creepy looking painting he liked in the museum, there's no reason not to take him at his word that Alicia killed herself. Which lets face it is more plausible given to what he did to her face.

As for killing Bob, he took his frustration out on Bob because he nobody told him that Batman was capable of stealing his balloons like that. We knew his reasoning for it. We're not given any reason to believe he killed Alicia.

True, but that's before the apartment.

At the museum, he wants Vicki to record his work or some crazy stuff doesn't he? Of course he'd show off Alicia. But you're right, I agree that we don't know for sure that he killed her. If anything, he might have drove her to it. He scarred her face and psychologically and emotionally ruined what she was before (to the point that she has to be carried in by the goons and just sounds completely odd). Perhaps she really couldn't take it anymore and threw herself out of a window. Maybe he's telling the truth.

But then again, we should never take the Joker for his word (neither of them), should we? It's always some kind of game or fun that the Joker is trying to pull, even if it doesn't make sense to us. The character isn't exactly coherent, that's what makes the Joker in general so great. I mean, he constantly contradicts himself in the comics, cartoons and films. He doesn't seem too disappointed or sad telling Vicki the news does he? I mean that "you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs" and that little sinister giggle he does after PUNCHING the mask tells me he had a hand in her demise.

I don't take anything the Joker says literally anyway. Some people seem to think that he really loves Vicki or something, that he wants to woo her. I don't see that. He clearly just wants to **** with her like when he's leaving her apartment. He's like "won't you join me in a weep", then he notices her expression and just breaks down laughing giving her that point and expression like "the jokes on you, babe!" before doing that little bird dance thing he does before finally leaving.

Not sure if you watched the making of features on the blu ray, but I love Nicholson's insight on the Joker in the film.

"He's not wired up the same way. This guy has survived nuclear waste immersion here."

That about sums it up really.

Oh, and you're right about Bob. He's clearly taking his frustrations out on him. My point is though, the Joker doesn't really have an attachment to anyone or anything. Not his "artwork", not his men, not his right hand man, nothing really. So it's not out of the question that he simply got sick of Alicia and killed her. He's apathetic for the most part. Even the Ledger Joker is similar. I LOVE when he spits and mocks his goon when he gets electrocuted by Batman's mask. That's another great Joker moment.

I really don't see how Outriddled can love the Nicholson Joker, but not like the Ledger Joker. Surely there's SOMETHING there in TDK Joker that Outriddled can enjoy and appreciate.

Last edited by milost; 03-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.
milost is offline   Reply With Quote