View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #306
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I'm sure it's been said but this film faces the cbm second sequel curse. I doubt it will overcome it, however we may have an inversion here due the first sequel sucking.

Also Shane Black? I know he's got this bad ass reputation amongst people that loved 90's buddy action films and he himself talks a big game...somehow between that and avengers people aren't really taking to the idea that marvel just went and give their a list franchise to some cheap replacement.

Is Ironman really that big a draw without Avengers? Coming off of IM2 that is.

IM3 faces a seasoned star trek and Fast 6 as it's comp going into the later weeks.

Just some stuff to think about.
IM3 isn't facing a "second sequel curse" of any sort. IM3 has the biggest hype of any Iron Man movie to date; IM3 is coming hot on the heels of Marvel's piece de resistance, the biggest box office blockbuster in history that didn't have James Cameron attached to it; and IM3 has the biggest hype and buzz of any movie in 2013. The trailers show the biggest, most jaw-dropping action of any Iron Man movie ever. The villains are genuine certified blue-ribbon Hollywood eeee-vil, i.e. Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley. Unlike, say, a couple of TV funnymen like, say, Topher Grace and Thomas Haden Church.

Just some stuff to think about.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014