View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #512
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
If you watch the movie it's painfully obvious. The convicts were beaten to it because one of them tossed it out the window. The regular citizens didn't want that kind of slaughter on their conscience. Sure they were all shouting for someone else to press the button, but when push came to shove nobody in good conscience could do it.

Simple.
Too simple.

Quote:
It's not a thinly veiled reference to anything. It is what it is. They didn't blow each other up because nobility prevailed. A noble convict got rid of the detonator and none of the citizens could bring themselves to blow up all of those people.
We are talking about life and death, here. I don't believe that no one would try to act. This was just too convenient for the plot and poor writing.

Quote:
Did you watch this movie with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears? Joker's point was that when push came to shove they'll be just like him. "Their morals, their code....it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be".
So he goes all Jigsaw killer on us? By forcing people to kill others to save themselves? I don't buy it.

Quote:
"Do you think I want to escape from this? There is no escape from this"
That's not what I got from it - maybe he meant because he had already killed people, that there was "no escape".

Even in Two-Face's first issue, his appearance ****ed him up, and made him even more psychotic. I never got that vibe from The Dark Knight.

Quote:
Lets see, Dent kidnaps and terrorizes a Joker accomplice with a gun simply because Rachel's life was threatened. That alone tells you that this guy would go to extremes just because someone he cares about was simply threatened.
Many people would do that if their loved one was seriously threatened. I wanted to see why he was nicknamed "Harvey Two-Face".

Quote:
Add to that he's handed over to Joker's men by the COPS, gets half his face burned off, and Rachel is murdered. There's people who have lost their sanity and gone over the edge for far less than that.
I'll grant you that, he became a revenge obsessed vigilante killer, willing to go extremes to get his version of justice. But it wasn't the dual personality Two-Face that most of us know. Even Batman Forever got this aspect right. It was barely even hinted at in The Dark Knight.

Quote:
That's funny coming from the guy who thinks the Batman movie where Batman and the Joker conveniently created each other is the best one.
Batman '89 wasn't planned to be the beginning of this huge franchise. It was a self-contained movie. Hence, the need to tie up loose plot threads to make it coherent.

Quote:
He got his coin from his father, he has a history of investigating bent Cops on Gordon's force while he was in Internal Affairs. How much more back story into Harvey Dent did you want? That's more than they gave Bruce Wayne or Jack Napier in Batman '89.
Something to make his descent into madness more believable.

Quote:
You mean Two Face seeking retribution against people who he thinks wronged him? Now where have I seen that before?

Let me guess, you'd have been more enthralled watching Dent pull off some corny robbery of the 2nd Bank of Gotham of 2 million dollars at 2am or something like that right?
He wasn't just a vigilante in the comics. Of course, he sought revenge. Even in Batman Forever, he was trying to get revenge on Batman.

Quote:
It's illustrated better because the Joker succeeds on someone in this case.

It proves he was right. That's why Batman takes the blame for Dent's crimes. "The Joker cannot win".

Again obvious and you missed it.
Not in the same way as The Killing Joke. Joker never actually does anything with Dent, only steer him towards the revenge path against the corruption that led to his tragedies.

In Killing Joke, he shoots Gordon's daughter and tortures him with images of her wounded body.

In The Dark Knight, I can't remember the exact dialogue but all he does is convince Dent that Gordon and the police are responsible.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote