View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #517
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
Made simple for these scenes, at least.
Hence the realistic nature of it. I wonder how you'd feel with the decision in your hands of blowing up hundreds of people.

Quote:
That was one person. It was a whole boatload full of people.
Several people made a go for it. The ship crew guy was all like "Stay back". Then they voted on it. Then they were all yelling for the button to be pushed. Then nobody could go through with it.

Quote:
That's just survival instinct. It's like Joker is taking a page out of Saw and is going all Jigsaw on us.
It's not survival instinct. Jigsaw never put hundreds of lives into someone's hands.

Quote:
Because his woman died. The annoying, two-timing *****.
Come back to me when you have valid mature arguments to offer on this one.

Quote:
You don't know what you would do if someone you care about was threatened.
But apparently you do. Happened to you has it? It would be the standard response according to you to do what Harvey did lol. You hear that kind of thing happening all the time don't you lol.

Quote:
That's all well and good but that's not supposed to why Two-Face uses his coin. He's two personalities, and cannot decide, so he lets the coin decide.
No, in the comic Two Face uses the coin because he believes in chance. It's nothing to do with the split personality side not being able to agree or decide. He thinks it's all 50/50.

Quote:
If by basis you mean moral justification, then ok.
Yes, moral justification. Just like in those comic scans I posted above. Dent thinks he's morally right punishing Batman and Gordon for 'crimes' against him.

Quote:
Only in the sense, that it didn't follow the comic books. I don't expect 100% fidelity to the comic lore. The same thing with Joker creating Two-Face. Don't you think that's a little too convenient, plot-wise? Same thing, but they're movies not comic books and sometimes they have to change things.
No, it's not convenient because Joker deliberately set out to break Dent. It wasn't a coincidence, or a convenience like in Batman '89 where the guy who killed Bruce's parents 20 years ago would conveniently become the Joker.

It reeked of plot contrivance, too, because it was added last minute by Burton during the writers strike, and even Sam Hamm didn't like it:

"Many observed that Burton was more interested in the Joker rather than Batman in terms of characterization and screen time. Comic book fans reacted negatively over the Joker murdering Thomas and Martha Wayne. In the comic book, Joe Chill is responsible. Writer Sam Hamm, who is a comic book fan, said it was Burton's idea to have the Joker murder Wayne's parents. "The Writer's Strike was going on," Hamm continued, "and Tim had the other writers do that. I also hold innocent to Alfred letting Vicki Vale into the Batcave," he reasoned. "Fans were ticked off with that, and I agree. That would have been Alfred's last day of employment at Wayne Manor."

http://destinyosbourne.hubpages.com/hub/the-batman

Quote:
I'm just disappointed we never got to see 'Big Bad Harv' and his split personality.
So am I, but what we got was still excellent.

Quote:
He takes the law into his own hands, so he's a vigilante.
Every villain in Batman's rogues gallery are vigilantes then by your logic then since they've all gotten revenge on someone for wronging them at one time or another lol.

Quote:
Joker didn't do it personally, he had the mob do it for him.
"Your men. Your plan"

Joker did it to him. Are you going to argue semantics of him using the circus freaks to drag Gordon around and strip him and hold him down on the carnival train, too, in TKJ instead of doing it himself?

Quote:
Yeah, but besides orchestrating certain events with the mob, that's all he did. "Madness is like gravity. All you need is a little push." He was trying to give Dent that "little push".
What do you mean that's all he did? It was his plan. Everything that happened to Dent was by Joker's scheme. Do you hold Osama Bin Laden any less accountable for 9/11 just because he didn't personally fly those planes into the Twin Towers? Or Hitler any less accountable because he didn't personally murder every Jew in WW2?

Honestly of all the weak arguments.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote