View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #122
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

I have to agree with many people here who had complaints about the way Cap was portrayed in the film. I might have said this before, but I think two small changes would of made cap so much better in this film:

1) When all the avengers are arguing on the helicarrier under the effects of Loki, I think Cap should of stopped himself in mid argument, and realized something was wrong. Of all the people there, he should of realized it, because that attitude just isn't how Cap is, he rises above that sort of stuff.

2) When he stops the fight between Thor and Ironman, he should have remained standing tall and unmoved. It would have been a great visual to see him standing tall with both Thor and Ironman knocked to the ground. And the line he said "Are we finished here?" Would have been much more powerful.

I also agree they could have made him win more of his situations, like the helicarrier scene, and the Bank scene.

Btw, I think the moment that changes Tony's perception of Cap is their conversation after Cousin dies, when Cap says he's not marching to Fury's fife either. I think that conversation on top of the rest of the experiences in the film changes Tony's mind, but it just wasn't strong enough on film to me.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote