View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #167
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Fury's title is "Director of SHIELD". Out here in the real world, agency directors are the top of the command structure. The Directors of Central Intelligence and the FBI answer only to the President, for instance, though Congress often nips at their heels. In the MCU SHIELD has been shown to work for of the World Security Council, with Fury as its chief. Now that Fury has evidence that the WSC committed a war crime on US soil, I would hope that he has some leverage there.

Perhaps Redford's character is a former agent working inside the WSC who wants Fury's job. That's an option I'd like better than having Maria Hill try to oust Fury, if only because the way Smulders plays the character she doesn't have to balls to credibly challenge Fury.
Lol, imagine anyone in the MCU taking orders from Cobie Smulders.

Maybe she needed to be played by someone a bit older like Jennifer Connelly to seem more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
If you don't know who Robert Redford is, go watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, All the President's Men, The Sting and The Natural. You're welcome
Don't forget the Great Gatsby and Brubaker.

But if he doesn't like older movies, then there's always Lions for Limbs [sic] with Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep and Andrew Garfield.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 03-22-2013 at 06:39 PM.