View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Early box-office predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieSmiling View Post
I agree the Avengers will have a big impact on IM3's box office, but jumping from $650mm to $950 (my estimate) is a big impact.
Honestly though, making 950 million is basically the same as reaching a billion.

Quote:
I agree in terms of $850mm. I'd be very surprised if it didn't eclipse that, I just think $1b isn't guaranteed. I'm not sure Thor left as big an impression as you are but I agree that Iron Man and Hulk clearly made the biggest impressions (why aren't they making another Hulk movie again?) then the next slot would be debatable... Both Cap and Thor had a few good one-liners but weren't as awesome as they could have been...
You see Cap had the most screentime in the film and Thor didn't show up until 45 mins into the movie. So for Thor to leave a bigger impression than him says alot and although he didn't say much Thor probably had the most action scenes in the film.

THAT'S what people remember from Thor, headbutting IM's helmet in, going toe to toe with Hulk, frying two leviathans at once, and using a car as a bowling ball.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*