View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #657
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

I finally watched Dredd, got it off Love Film. Have to say I struggled to get into this at first, took me about twenty minutes to really get hooked in. I think the lower budget really showed in that first twenty mins but it didn't matter for the rest of the film seen as though it was in that one building. I also didn't like how they overdid the effects if the slo-mo drug it just wasn't necessary to show its effects so many times. Admittedly I wasn't overly keen on Ma Ma as a villain but i have a feeling it was due to the budget (real shane this film didn't do well enough for a sequel).

But those negatives aside I loved this film, I found myself really hooked by Judge Anderson, knowing this was Dredd showing a rookie the ropes was something I wasn't overly keen on before I watched it. But I was completely wrong it worked and was engaging. The violence in this film was really over the top but in a good way, sone if the FX work was outstanding. I didn't see this film in 3D but I actually think it might benefit from it. Lastly I just wanted to say how awesome Karl Urban was in this. I loved his performance, he was totally bad@ss! I really am gutted this didn't make enough money for a sequel, a bigger budget for a sequel and a bigger threat with Karl Urban back as Dredd would have been awesome.

Overall 8/10

#TEAM SNYDER

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.