View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #830
milost
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
How is it ludicrous? The entire movie, we hear nothing of a wife or children and then Bane just brings up this man's kids that we didn't even need to know about. That doesn't sound like it meant something when we still could have gone through the film without knowing Pavel had kids?

Because,

DR. PAVEL

And then it will go off.

BANE

For the sake of your family, Dr. Pavel, I hope so.

That tells me that if the bomb doesn't go off, Bane and the League have Pavel's family (family in the script, changed to children in the film) and will harm them if Pavel screws around or does anything funny.

What else would that line possibly mean???

And again, nothing in a script is set in stone sure, but TDKR's final script (we've never seen any of their original concepts or early drafts) is PRETTY damn close to what was filmed. And you know what? That "lovely, lovely voice" isn't even IN the script, thus, Goyer and the Nolans mustn't have thought it was important for Bane's "I care about the innocent children" characterization. I can't back it up, and won't, but it was most likely AD-LIBBED by Tom Hardy, like Ledger's "little bunny" or Nicholson's "number one guy", Grissom impersonation.

A QUIRKY little ironic, villain, THROW away line.