View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #716
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official UNCANNY X-MEN Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
But they were hunting him before he even did that. I remember they were saying they wanted to arrest all of the "Extinction Team", which was the Uncanny team before AvX, which besides the Phoenix 5, included Mags, Danger, Storm, Hope and Psylocke, but of course they never went after the last three, and only wanted Mags and Danger for some reason. My guess is that Bendis just wanted to write Mags and, per usual with him, sensible continuity be damned, and they randomly outlaw Magneto, even though he tried to help stop Scott with the Avengers and got his powers screwed up even though he didn't possess any fraction of the Phoenix Force.
Gillen is the one that wrote Consequences adn had Danger and Magneto breaking the law by freeing Scott, not Bendis. Bendis' work with what remains of the former Extinction team is an extension of Gillen's work and picks up right where he left the characters. I dont think Magneto's current status can be blamed on Bendis as thats what he picked up. You'll have to fill me in if Danger and Magneto made any appearances in between AvX 12 and Consequences bc I dont recall them being hunted in that gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
He was labeled a fugitive before he broke him out. There were wanted posters of the Phoenix Five and his picture was included.
When and where? Im drawing a blank bc right after AvX ended, Consequences followed up on that and thats where Magneto was breaking the law. I just looked back adn didnt see any posters there so it must have happened elsewhere in the hundreds of books Marvel puts out (but are impossible to keep up with)

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote