View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #904
RAINMAKER
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's true. Knowing who he really is, too, and in his weak cane hobbling state she could simply send a bunch of LOS to Wayne Manor, capture him and toss him in the pit. Didn't need Bane for that.
I understand you have to set a fight up somehow between Bane and Batman, but Bane didn't need Catwoman to get to Batman. I think Nolan and company needed to show that Catwoman is out for herself only. Realistically, Bane could've simply walked into Wayne Manor (like the comics) and fight him. In fact, if Bane was so confident he could beat Batman, he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up the trap in the sewer.
I think the fight between them would've been even more intense if Bane surprised him after saving Catwoman off the rooftop. Either have him waiting for him in the Batcave or his house.
We all knew they were going to fight when Batman asked for it from Catwoman. I think it would've been an "oh s____" moment for Bruce seeing that Bane knows his true identity. Plus, it would've thrown the audience off regarding when they would fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
While I do agree that that stuff is symbolically interesting, don't you agree that it would have been more interesting had Bane been a real revolutionary who tears down the system and takes Gotham back from the rich and powerful to give it to the people? The city itself would have probably dissolved into total anarchy (something we only got glimpses of) and the great symbolic twist would have been that it ends up being one of the rich and powerful that saves the city from destroying itself.
That actually would be pretty cool. And then Bane decides to blow up the city. Enter Batman.

Last edited by RAINMAKER; 03-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.