View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #697
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That's not what people are saying at all. You do seem to get these strange notions.

Different things will happen in the alternate timeline(s) but mutants exist in all versions. How can time travel to 1973 prevent/trigger the existence of mutants? That makes no sense.

For example, DoFP may exist in one reality, perhaps beyond X1, X2 and X3. First Class may exist in another reality. There are mutants in both.
I was responding to marvelrobbins' post.

Let's just say that the alternate timeline angle has been done to death everywhere, what I love about the DoFP comic is that it simply suggests an alternative future and doesn't go beyond it. It raises a few questions and leaves the rest to the audience to fill in. That's what it's supposed to be like in the movie. The alternate "continuities" should, in my opinion, be such that they may or may not be alternate continuities.

Perhaps DoFP is averted at the end of the movie. Perhaps it isn't. I'm not a big fan of multiple-realities. To the people of FC (who are most likely to carry the franchise after this film since they're the next gen, the fresh blood, the new approach) the DoFP future may or may not happen. They'll go on thinking they've averted the dystopia.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)