View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #914
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The whole siege/revolution aspects of the film, even while underdeveloped, are really what set it apart from other films in the genre including its two predecessors. The events are so massive that even while we're only getting a bigger picture of what's happening, it inevitably colors the tone of the film with a potent mixture of bleakness and romanticism.

At the same time, I actually have really come to enjoy the ticking time bomb aspect to the climax. I've come around from being overwhelmed and numb by the final chase, to kinda liking it, to flat out loving it. It's unbelievably intense and climactic. I also like the bomb there because it keeps Bane from simply being Che Guevara with a mask. I think in a film like this, while I love as much complexity as possible, it's also important for there to eventually be a clear distinction between good and evil when it comes to hero and villain. Batman's a dark character, he's gotta have darker villains.
Yes it was a brilliant idea and it was also the reason I was disappointed because everything was there to cement Bane as THE VILLAIN of the series and the movie as the cream de la crop but it was greatly squandered. In this case bigger wasn't better. As for the chase scene I'll say that I don't even make it up to that point in the film anymore before I turn it off with frustration. I found it very anticlimactic and out of place. I'm not a fan of the Bat at all. It didn't fit well with the universe in my opinion as well as Catwoman and her antics.