View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #744
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
am stating to think it may be better if we don't

maybe only in a 3rd prequel film
I wouldn't mind it one bit. Cyclops and Jean are important characters, I wouldn't want them to be in the movie if they're just in it as subplot figures (which at least Scott has been in every appearance). That's an insult to the characters, and DoFP wasn't exactly Scott or Jean's story to begin with. Why use them at all?

I love Wolverine's role and Storm's role in the future. And yes as well as Kitty and Colossus. I get that they're bringing Rogue and Bobby back because that way we have the full surviving cast from X3 (who were seen as active X-Men by the end of the last film). Was never a big fan of Angel in X3 so I'm okay with him not being around, especially since Rogue & Bobby were characters fans remember from the first series. I'd love to see how Singer uses Iceman since he was so fond of the character in the past films.

The reason why I'm okay with Rogue & Bobby being in it while Scott & Jean are not is because, well at the end of the day, Scott & Jean deserve more than being just supporting characters. I could give that to Rogue & Bobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
You may not get a third prequel film If they are using time travel to retcon large parts of Last Stand out of exsistance.The Correcting as Bryan Singer put It.
What did he say specifically?

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)