View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #387
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
They don't have 820 fighter jets. There are very few countries that can operate that many fighter jets. I doubt they have more than a third of that.

What they do have is a **** load of artillery aimed at Seoul. So, from the get go, they would decimate it. Which is very disturbing, if you're South Korean.

South Korea might actually win a protracted land war (if China stays out of it). But at a terrible cost.

Plus winning back North Korea (even though China probably wouldn't let that happen, and the North Koreans would use nuclear weapons, if South Koreans crossed the 38th parallel) isn't exactly a "prize". Think annexing an underdeveloped slum, full of starving, mentally and physically stunted people a good chunk of whom would probably fight to the death or kill themselves, since they're so damned brainwashed (oddly reminiscent of Imperial Japan, in some ways).
I don't now tha they are as brainwashed as you think....I think they are afraid of their government, but that is far differet from being brainwashed.

I think the main difference of North Korea and other countries, except for maybe Libya at this point, is that the military is strongly behind the leader OR actually in charge. Which means, I would not see a defection from the military to keep from shooting civilians...they seem to be quite content at keeping the civilians scared and would not hesitat to shoot if the need came about.....whereas other countries, that is how the regime was taken down, the military turned on the leadership.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote