View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #407
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I meant closest to Avengers. Whatever. He's saying the Iron Man and Thor sequels are more SINGULAR standalone stories. Captain America will be closer to Avengers. And look at all these characters. We have a multiple superhero/vigilante cast.
Like others have said, SHIELD is just Cap's supporting cast. In a sense, yes, it's the closest to the Avengers because it's going to be more of a team-up film than either Thor or Iron Man due to the nature of Cap being apart of SHIELD, but that does not mean it will be similar in look and style to the Avengers. Considering this is going to be a political thriller with assassins and the mercenaries at the center of it, I'd say it might be the least similar film to the Avengers in terms of style and look in phase 2.

Also, as far as I can tell, it will be the least connected to what happened in the Avengers as well. Both Thor and Iron Man pick up directly where Avengers left off and the premise for the characters' states are pretty heavily based on it, while with Cap 2 you could really just say it's picking up where Cap 1 left off.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE