View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #745
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
I wouldn't mind it one bit. Cyclops and Jean are important characters, I wouldn't want them to be in the movie if they're just in it as subplot figures (which at least Scott has been in every appearance). That's an insult to the characters, and DoFP wasn't exactly Scott or Jean's story to begin with. Why use them at all?

I love Wolverine's role and Storm's role in the future. And yes as well as Kitty and Colossus. I get that they're bringing Rogue and Bobby back because that way we have the full surviving cast from X3 (who were seen as active X-Men by the end of the last film). Was never a big fan of Angel in X3 so I'm okay with him not being around, especially since Rogue & Bobby were characters fans remember from the first series. I'd love to see how Singer uses Iceman since he was so fond of the character in the past films.

The reason why I'm okay with Rogue & Bobby being in it while Scott & Jean are not is because, well at the end of the day, Scott & Jean deserve more than being just supporting characters. I could give that to Rogue & Bobby.
I agree. If they're going to be ciphers, best not to bother or we're back where we started. Best to have an end-scene set-up for them to be in the next movie in more fully developed roles.

Quote:
What did he say specifically?
Singer spoke to IGN and said this