View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #958
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Organized crime being gone, as if such a thing is even possible didn't happen the year after Dent/Dawes and Joker disappeared(8 years batman has been in the spa).
500+ criminals were sent packing behind bars way before the Dent Act was created, though, as mentioned by Dent in TDK for at least a year and a half...enough time for the Dent Act to be created and then the next 500 are so are taken in throughout that period of eight years. You could say things happen with that second wave of criminals(the other 500 to equate to the 1,000 inmates in Blackgate Prison), but it would only be a guess.

Quote:
But let's say it did. Criminal conspiracy isn't the only thing batman exists to fight....even in Nolan's world. At least I hope it's not otherwise I've been giving this series too much credit.
Isn't it the reason why Nolan's Batman fights, though? I thought it was always explained that that's the reason besides the run-in with Ra's al Ghul, his mentor, and the wild card that was Joker. If Ledger had lived, perhaps Batman's reason of fighting would've evolved to where he was after the "freaks" as well(as I could see a "rise of freaks" in a third film if Nolan could use Joker).

Quote:
Poverty, fuels crime.
Greed fuels crime.
Corruption...in his own company no less fuels crime.
All these things aren't gone. But again let's say they are...

What of the (inter)national scene, this insane state(city) law has been passed and Gotham is a utopia, what about the next city over, does Bruce literally not care(what about the kids).

If anything Gotham crime would simply move to the next town, in fact it's more than likely. I know Nolan doesn't like the idea of a cinematic universe but even he must be aware that there are more cities in the US than just Gotham. No, the real reason Bruce is taking the 8 month hiatus isn't because he's supposedly "beaten crime" by way of municipal policy, it's because of the trauma he faced in TDK. I can see why this "eager to quit" batman has hit a sore spot on many a batman fan's face.

Almost any other superhero in comicdom(with the exception of maybe Nick Fury) is more in character to quit than Batman...but that's just me.
I wouldn't mind that idea at all with that kind of corruption only spreading if it couldn't happen in Gotham City anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Forced into retirement does not equate quitting. I can understand people not liking the idea, it's even a stretch for me, but don't bastardize the concept.
Agree

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-26-2013 at 11:00 PM.