View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #967
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I addressed all of this in my post. I said that it worked in Returns more than in Rises because Rises was a sequel to 2 movies that make the 8 year retirement not work while Returns was not a sequel to anything and had the room to do that. I suggest you read the whole thing.

As for all your other questions, I would love to explain everything in full detail but it is 12:30 AM where I live and I'm really tired after writing that long response to BatLobsterRises.

Luckily, I have a friend that did a 3-part video on this exact topic . He addressed all of your questions and explained why Returns' retirement was acceptable and Rises' retirement wasn't a lot better than I ever could.

I don't exactly remember where he talked about the retirement part so I'll post the whole review.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I disagree that it doesn't work in TDKRises because it's a sequel compared to TDKReturns as I feel The Dark Knight Trilogy are three snapshots of Batman's life. Beginning, middle and end. Year One, The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns. But when it comes to this part I say it's debatable because that's where it comes down to whether or not you like the execution. I'm looking at the reasoning itself and not it's placement as a sequel or even in the film/GN alone, just the reasoning.

Oh, of course. Have a nice sleep!

I'll be sure to give the review a watch another time, I'm watching V For Vendetta at the moment.