View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #425
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
There's a difference between a couple of fanboys in a forum and the general audience. For example, TDKR got quite a bit of backlash in these forums yet it's still one of the best movies of 2012 to the GA. Same principle applies to Cap in this case. I already provided you legit examples of Cap's popularity post-Avengers. He was never lower than people's third favorite character. And ahead of both Thor and Black Widow in almost every poll I've seen.
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=117

That was a character moment, not an action moment, maybe you need to watch it again with that in mind. It was pretty much a callback to the scene in The First Avenger when he sacrificed himself by jumping on the grenade. I would never fast forward that scene.

I know it's a character moment, but that isn't the point of what I was saying. I find the scene boring because of the action taking place in it. If Cap's moves were better, while also showing a great character moment, I'd have no problem sitting through the scene. Just because it's a character moment does not mean it isn't boring. Which it is, to me, specifically.