View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #393
Fading
>:(

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

Agreed. I see Kelly's point. I don't think everyone there is brainwashed. I'm sure some are just afraid of the NK gov. However, just being held prisoner for half a year can lead to stockholm syndrome. Imagine spending your entire life, from birth, being told these things, surrounded by ppl who at least say they believe them as well. Even if you don't 100% believe everything, fear, hunger, and never ending propaganda have to have some affect on the mind. Not to mention most ppl would probably defend their fellow country men if their country was being attacked. Even if it's a ****** one, home is still home. People can grow to begrudge occupying forces as well, even if the changes lead to a better life (I mean some are turning to cannibalism in NK, it would have to get better) there will be those that would hold grudges and wish things would go back to the familiar. Others probably genuinely believe the gov's propaganda, and would see an attack on their leaders as if it were an attack on a something holy.I highly doubt trying to change how NK functions, their leadership, or unifying the Korea's would ever go anywhere near a smooth transition. I wouldn't be surprised if it lead to decades of civil unrest, terrorist attacks, and occasional uprisings.

Last edited by Fading; 03-27-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote