View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #761
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I wish Halle Berry wasn't in this. She's terrible as Storm and the character herself is terrible in these movies. Eh I'm very disappointed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Halle Berry and Storm are the least of this production's problems at this point. She's hardly going to be the primary focus in DoFP anyway.

Looking forward to seeing set pics and production developments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
I know. She is just awful, but be thankful she's never really been the focus on the movies. I suspect Storm will have as small if not smaller role in DOFP than in X1.
I'm tired of seeing people ***** and criticize Halle Berry.

The way they portrayed Storm in the trilogy was not her fault.

Halle Berry is a great actress. Storm is clearly a great character. But it was the way Storm was written as well as overall bad direction on the part of Singer and Ratner in the first 3 films that made the character bad.

Singer gave her jack**** to do as well as make poor choices with the character, such as making her kind of shy and withdrawn in the first film, but then confident and sure of herself, yet still mad at the world in he second. This lack of consistency was jarring.

In 3, Ratner gave her more to do but the role he did give her was that of voice of reason for Logan, and that is NOT what people wanted to see from Storm.

I'm glad she'll be back. I hope this character and Berry get a chance at redemption in this series.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 03-27-2013 at 07:36 AM.