View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #852
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

There are only so much costs you can cut out before there's nothing left to cut. It's the main way Wal-Mart has been functioning, and I'm not sure why investors hadn't realized this was coming (probably too busy counting their money).

Basically, Wal-Mart has finally reached the point where it can't cut employee pay/hours anymore. In fact, it passed that point, so now the supply/demand equilibrium is above what they are spending, hence a shortage.

So, Wal-Mart has a choice. Increase costs by hiring/paying more. Or continue to lose potential sales.

But they won't self destruct. They'll eventually cave in and start spending. And then they'll be able to play it up for PR when the press starts reporting that Wal-Mart is hiring in a down economy.


In the meantime, it's a good opportunity for other retailers to exploit this weakness.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now