View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #979
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
And that gives them all Ph.Ds? He's crazy like a fox, as they say.
No, it's Nolan's trademark exposition telling the audience that the Joker is crazy.

Quote:
Joker, to me this is just like the child spy argument that you were making about the Ra's/Talia thing. I'm not going to pretend the death penalty doesn't exist in this world and that it wouldn't be a possibility for someone like The Joker. I'm not even trying to argue that it IS what happened to him, I'm just saying it's as much a possibility as anything, especially when you're dealing with a cop killer, and someone with hundreds if not thousands of attempted murder charges. A full-on domestic terrorist. I like the novel's idea about him being the last Arkham inmate. But as per the movies, we have no concrete way of knowing what happened to The Joker...other than that he wasn't in Blackgate.
I'm not arguing it's impossible either. I'm arguing what is the most likely given everything we were shown and TOLD in TDK. Nolan bent over backwards to let the audience know Joker was crazy, even having Batman throw in a line about Joker ending up in a padded cell at the end. It doesn't matter if he killed Cops or not. Lecter killed Cops. Plenty of psychos have killed Cops and ended up in a padded room.

Quote:
Semi-related, but a lot of what's going on with the James Holmes case now has to do with whether he will plead insanity or not as an attempt to avoid the death penalty. But if he does, it will go under heavy scrutiny and could backfire.
I've no idea who that is or the ins and outs of the case, but I doubt who ever he is that his list of crazy antics doesn't even match to Joker's.

- The Joker