View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #129
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
What's ironic is that we know Whedon filmed more footage involving the military taking some action against the Chitauri invasion, but for some reason he chose to take it out of the final cut of the film.
Maybe it had something to do with the whole "if the government/military is involved, does SHIELD answer to them or the government answer to SHIELD?"..I remember reading something along those lines for why they couldn't use actual military tech or make direct references to the Army. I took their wanting to distance themselves from SHIELD and the hellicarriers and all that as sort of their "denial" that it all exists; which in turns mean that maybe it does mwahahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatVader View Post
The one (okay, the MAIN) thing I would have changed about the Avengers would be to have left the scene between Steve Rogers and the waitress at the outdoor cafe in the movie. I recall wondering what was the big deal was about the blonde seeing Cap without his helmet. Knowing they had interacted before would have given way more meaning to the later scenes IMO.
They definitely should have had that in there because it gave just enough background on who Cap was and showed his out of placedness. That would have been enough for people who didn't watch TFA to get him, IMO. Definitely should have been in the movie, idk why they cut that part out.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-28-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote