View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #730
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
I would argue that Thanos is really not that much of an Avengers threat but rather a universal one, like Galactus or even Doom. His cosmic nature makes him much better suited for another movie, like Guardians of the Galaxy (I wish!).
Personally I would say that it's a good reason to use Thanos as a bit threat for the Avengers, as it's about as tough as you can get (depending on what they choose to do with him of course). That the threat has a cosmic feel is a pretty clear way of showing why you really need a team of the most powerful heroes, rather than one of them with a little backup. Kang of course has a similar feel to him though.

If anything I'd say that point of Thanos more argues for that it might be too soon to use him as the frontline antagonist since many other powerful villains will seem to be a step down from him.

Then again the Avengers will probably keep going for quite a while so we'll get to many villains and they can't all go bigger and badder than before, they just have to be different kind of threats.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote