View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #319
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: Wolverine's Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
What conceivable reason would this version of Wolverine be wearing a mask and a costume? As far as we know, Fox Wolverine was never a part of Canadian intelligence service and later their first hero, hence the outlandish mask and costume. Plus, Fox's X-men universe doesn't have Superheroes who wear anything close to that over the top. Wolverine was supposed to evoke the iconography of Cap, Spidey and the rest of the Avengers with his look. But they don't exist in Fox's universe.
I don't see many people asking for it to look just like the comics, but instead to see it adapted so it fits in the context of the films which there has been costumes already. Look back through this thread and you'll see examples of reasons why Wolverine could wear a costume and it be believable.

Also, at the end of the day it's still a comic book series filled with many aspects of the comic book. Wanting certain characters to look the part or wear costumes doesn't have to be about 'hiding their identity' or whatever. The other x-movies never put any over thought explanation to justify their costumes and even Origins had some form of costumes (just not particularly ones from the comics).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 03-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote